Thursday, February 16, 2012

Spotlight On....The Loopers!

So, I thought I'd start doing a little "feature", if you will, on my blog, spotlighting some of the most important/very favorite people in our lives.  I thought it would be kind of fun for me to write, fun for the spotlight-ee to read, and possibly fun for the rest of you to read as well.  If it's not fun for the rest of you to read, well....no one's forcing you to read my blog.  Go read something else, already!  Just kidding.

Anyway, due partially to the fact that we're having dinner with them tonight, and therefore I can snap a blog picture of them, which will fit in nicely with this segment, AND due partially to the fact that they have the most excitement going on in their lives right now, AND due to the fact that we just love them, the Looper's will be  the focus of this first "Spotlight" edition.  Other friends/family of mine...beware...your time will come!

Who Are the Looper's?
Lance, Donna, and Ben.  I love that they are a family of three now!  I'm sure THEY are happy that they're a family of three now, if for no other reason, so that everyone (Nason and I included) will finally get off their backs about having kids.  They've been hassled and nagged and pressured about that for YEARS now.  Years, I tell you.  Potentially, I may have been the #1 nagger.  It's just that they are so SO good with everyone ELSE'S kids, that it seemed crazy that they didn't have any of their own.  Plus, we were tired of them being able to sleep as late as they wanted, and stay out as late as they wanted, and take as many naps as they wanted, while the rest of us no longer had such luxuries.  Really, it just boiled down to a jealousy thing ; )

How Did We Meet Them?
We all attended Hill Country Bible Church UT together.  And yeah...that question just doesn't really lend itself to much elaboration or story-telling, so we'll just move on....

Why Do We Love Them?
They're easy to love!  They are so, SO low-key.  My favorite thing about the Looper's is that I never feel the need to entertain them, or think of things to talk about with them, or feel like I have to be "on" for them.  Heck, I don't really even bother cleaning my house for them anymore when they come over (and Looper's,  I hope you know that's a compliment and NOT an insult). They are just completely go-with-the-flow, down-to-earth, conversation-flows-naturally kind of people.  Oh, and Donna has an EXTREMELY high capacity for taking all kinds of crap aka "ruthless picking on" from Nason...which really, for Nason, is the #1 thing he's looking for in a girl friend.

Ok...watch this...Nason is about to be forced to contribute to what is supposed to be OUR blog...I'm about to yell the following question to him, "Nason, what do you like best about Lance?"...let's see what he says....

Here goes....

Me:  "Hey Nason, what do you like best about Lance?"
Nason: "What? Why"
Me: "Just answer the question.  Don't ask why"
Nason:  "Um...he's a good writer"

Well ok then.

Lance, I promise Nason loves you more than that response implies.

(By the way, Lance IS a good writer, which is just one more thing you now know about the Looper's)

Follow them on their blog if you wish, at www.benjaminlev.blogspot.com



Cute Little Family


Cute Little Ben


No comments:

Post a Comment